Perfect Sidechain DuckingDucking, or sidechain compression, is one of the defining effects of modern music. From classic house to modern EDM, tracks by Daft Punk, Noisia and Eric Prydz ooze that pumping, ducking effect.
So, whether you’re producing pumping house or broken beats, Duck delivers in seconds.
Duck makes it easy to design a custom volume shape that repeats at a speed and depth of your choice, or use one of 58 presets to find new and inspiring effects. As well as sidechain compression Duck is capable of trance-gating, tremolo and any other volume effect you can think of. For more control, enable split band mode and adjust the separate low and high frequency controls. And Duck can be triggered with audio from a sidechain input or by MIDI notes, making it easier than ever for hip-hop and bass music producers.
Why You Need Duck
- Instant sidechain pumping as soon as you load the plugin
- Cleaner, louder and more exciting mixes
- Choose from 8 preset curves or 58 creative and useful Duck patches
- Draw your own curves and rhythms to use now, or save them later
- Set the overall pump, or apply to low and high bands with adjustable crossover
- Run Duck in Repeat mode, or use sidechained audio or MIDI signals to trigger
- Smoothing control to remove clicks: including super-accurate pre-smoothing algorithm when in LFO mode
- Run on individual tracks, groups or your master bus for different pump effects
- Low CPU usage means you can run Duck on loads of tracks
- Mac and Windows: VST/AU/AAX plugin
Using The Crossover
The crossover allows you to process the high and low frequencies of your music separately.
Find out how can use this feature to let your music shine whilst still having all that space for your bass.