The definitive side-chaining pluginDucking, or “side-chaining”, is one of the defining effects of modern music. From punchy drums to the pumping sound of big-room EDM, the technique has countless uses and should be in every producer’s toolkit.
Duck makes this effortless and fast. Simply insert it on a channel, and draw the volume shape you want. It’s that easy. There are even preset shapes to get you started.
Duck is also capable of rhythmic gating, tremolo and any other volume effect you can think of. For more control, enable split band mode and adjust the separate low and high frequency controls. And Duck can be triggered with audio from a sidechain input or by MIDI notes, making it easier than ever for hip-hop and bass music producers.
Why You Need Duck
- Instant sidechain pumping as soon as you load the plugin
- Cleaner, louder and more exciting mixes
- Groups lets you edit the shape of multiple instances of Duck at the same time
- Choose from 8 preset curves or 58 creative and useful Duck patches
- Draw your own curves and rhythms to use now, or save them later
- Set the overall pump, or apply to low and high bands with adjustable crossover
- Run Duck in Repeat mode, or use sidechained audio or MIDI signals to trigger, with optional lookahead for glitch free audio
- Smoothing control to remove clicks: including super-accurate pre-smoothing algorithm when in LFO mode
- Adjustable lookahead in triggered mode, so you never miss a beat
- Run on individual tracks, groups or your master bus for different pump effects
- Low CPU usage means you can run Duck on loads of tracks
- Groups: link multiple Ducks together for faster editing
- Mac and Windows: VST/AU/AAX plugin
Using The Crossover
The crossover allows you to process the high and low frequencies of your music separately.
Find out how can use this feature to let your music shine whilst still having all that space for your bass.
CompatibilityOSX 10.9 or later (Intel and Apple Silicon); Windows 7 or later. VST 2.4, VST 3, AudioUnit and Protools 64-bit AAX
Gated reverb with audio triggering
Duck has audio input based triggering. This, in conjunction with the Lookahead feature, makes it perfect for precise design of gated reverb style sounds.
Just place Duck after the reverb on your drum sound, select plugin input from the trigger mode menu in the bottom right, adjust the trigger level, curve shape and lookahead settings until you get your desired gating effect